Our firm has specialized in estate planning for over 25 years. We help clients avoid probate, plan for disability, reduce taxes, and protect their children’s inheritance from divorce, creditors, and the IRS. About 60% of our time is spent drafting new estate plans, and 40% on administration. Working with the families of deceased clients is an important part of our practice.
We help our clients protect their assets while they are alive, and upon their death, leave their assets to whom they want, when they want, the way they want, and all with the least possible expenses, taxes, and delays.
Some of our clients have taxable estates (over $11 Million for 2019). Their primary concern is often reducing estate taxes which can take 40% of the estate over $11 million.
Some of our clients have disabled children. A “special needs trust” can provide for the beneficiary and still keep the beneficiary eligible for public assistance. Keeping the child on SSI and Medicaid is often a primary concern of these clients.
Some of our clients are in poor health and concerned about protecting their assets from nursing home costs. Frequently, these clients are also concerned about who will make health care decisions and financial decisions for them in the event they are incapacitated.
Some of our clients feel strongly about avoiding probate. Probate is the court procedure to prove the will, to make sure all the creditors get paid, to provide a forum for anyone wishing to contest the will, to pay probate costs, and, lastly, to distribute the remaining assets to your heirs. With proper planning, the costs, delays, and frustration of probate can be avoided.
Different clients have different estate planning goals. To learn more about the various estate planning opportunities, you are welcome to visit our office for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your estate plan.
Few attorneys offer the guarantees we provide you. We have been providing estate planning services for over thirty years and your satisfaction is more important to us than collecting a fee. That’s why we back up our estate planning work with these guarantees:
- Fees: We guarantee the fee we quote you. Nobody likes surprises. That’s why on every estate plan, we quote you a fixed fee in writing. No matter how long it takes, it will never cost you more. You can depend on that.
- Satisfaction: We guarantee that, if after we review your estate planning documents with you, you are not 100% satisfied, we will refund any fee paid, or at your option, make any changes you request before signing your documents.
- 30-Day Review: During the 30 day period after you have signed your documents, we will make any changes you request at no additional charge, even if it means re-signing every document.
- Deadlines: We guarantee that we will meet all deadlines. Few things are as frustrating as deadlines that are not met. We want you to know that you can trust what we tell you, and meeting deadlines is just as important to us as it is to you.
- Quality: We take great pride in our estate planning work. You can be sure that your documents will be of the highest quality. If you ever find anything that does not meet your expectations, please bring it to our attention. We will correct the situation immediately.